Friday, April 9, 2010

Daylight Savings

I honestly think that everyone should experience the whole "daylight savings" thingamajig at least once in their lifetime. It's honestly quite cool- till it's not.


First of all, I'm from Malaysia. It's pretty much on the equator, therefore, no such thing as daylight savings. The light is pretty much the same every day of the year and the night is about there.


Now, this is the first time in all my life I've ever experience having to change the time on my watch, without travelling anywhere. Yep. Just stand in that same spot and change it.. Meanwhile, my phone changed the time on itself. Coolness.


So, the day becomes longer, or shorter, I don't know. Shorter, I think. Since it gets dark by 5 ish (which is totally and absolutely ridiculous because I'm so used to it being dark by 7ish. So, we tire really easily and prolly for the first time of my life I'm actually ready to sleep by 9. 


Unfortunately, I'm also done sleeping by 6 in the am because the sun would already be blaring into my face by then. My first thought every morning since has been "what in the world am I doing here?". Take me home!!


Ahh. The wonders of the world.


Xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Footer