Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Welcoming December

It's a known fact, a common knowledge that December is the best month of the year. Well, at least it is SUPPOSE to be. As a student, we all know that it's that time of the year- School holidays! Awesome vacations! Perfect getaways! And don't you even dare forget about Christmas Presents!

As a student, the person that I was every year for the past 22 years, it was amazing! No classes to rush for, no assignments to hand up, no deadlines what-so-ever, not even Student Council or Editorial Board could get in the way of my beauty sleep or those rare precious moments where I can do whatever I'd like and there was no one who could say NO to that. Let's not even dare forget those late-nights out with the friends, gossip moments with the girlfriends, & of course, the holiday get aways that evolved from going with the family to going with the friends. Well, to be quite honest, I enjoy both as much, in very different ways.

This year, something very different is happening to me. I'm working now, as are most of my friends. Time is a factor now as we have lost almost all flexibility to move about as and when we like. Plans have to be made weeks ahead of time, if not, months. But everyone still looks forward to that very vacation. Bugger. One I wouldn't be able to make this year. Leaves are scarce & I have too many commitments =( I have to invigilate exams, plan the students' graduation, piano exam, edit a research, propose another research, and the list goes on.. It's actually quite depressing. Of course, the one thing I can rely on is the fact that "The Perfect Holiday" is coming to me this year. Yes. Him.

That aside, I have little to look forward to this December.

For once, maybe more than a little perfect Christmas with wine and fruit cake (with Rum). Wonderful treats.
And a special present.

Dear God, let it be known that I only have ONE Christmas wish Proper this year.

That very letter.

Xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Footer