Now, I was never brought up with these type of technology, admittedly as a child I was envious of my friends whose parents got them video games and computer games whilst mine never got me any. As a result of that, I have never been interested in any kind of games and could never understand how it can be so interesting as to take over one's life altogether.
And so, with the boyf's persistence, I decided to give it a go. He plays a long list of computer games (and still managed to be a smart arse in school) and I decided, hey, let's try WOW because he often plays it with his younger sister and I'd like to be in the loop too.
Here what's I gathered after playing for the past 2 months:
- It is, indeed an interesting game that WILL consume your free time if you do not have control over your addiction.
- If you start playing from a young age (any game at all, not necessarily WOW per say), you'd be quite good at it, because it is not too difficult learning how to play it.. (Either that, or I have an expert of a boyf who already knows all the back roads and alley way to this game).
- If you're a late bloomer, like yours truly, there is no way in hell you'll pick up this game and be an expert in it, ever. And you'll forever have that expert boyf of yours breathe down your throat because he expects you to play as well as him or his sister. (Either that, or I just am very bad in reading maps and have atrocious eye-hand coordination).
- Always start with a druid. Because you can choose to be DPS, Tank, or Healer.. (I did awesome DPS and now, I think I might double spec it to be Kitty Cat Meeeow!).. I'm also the pretty night elf, btw =p
- Get a damn wireless mouse and always remember to charge it! I really hate it when I have to play while it's connected to the charger. But investments, are, as always.. worth it.
- Alliance really suck when it comes to battlegrounds. Really, really, really, suck. (Note to self: get a horde).
- Always play with someone who's got control of his/her addiction of the game. Otherwise life will pass you by before you even know it. Grin.
So, there. I can learn all the theories and alley roads if these game, but I honestly believe that it is too late for me to be excellent in this game..